Sunday, June 3, 2012

Peek A Boo Quilt - DONE!!

I have indeed been so remiss in keeping up with my blog!  I realized that I hadn't seen a whole lotta green from my PAB quilt.  When I looked back; I realized that I indeed took the pictures but did not upload them.  So, here I am.  Not one post today but two!

I took a class with a friend here in Muscat.  Most of the ladies were filling the barn doors with kid-friendly pictures; suitable for a baby.  I decided since my baby is 13 and I ain't gavin' no mo', that I would put pictures of the four of us plus two kitties.

Of course, Uki had to help.


I was done quilting and in the process of trimming off the edges to put the binding on.


I extended the quilt out and Uki wasn't bothered.  She actually loved being covered.


Here she is trying to get out.


Or is she?  In all of these posts, you can peek at my quilting.


And this is where it got a bit hairy.


She loves this ruler!


She got under again.  I put the ruler and rotary away so as not to freak out anymore than I was.


She loved it and would not budge!


She made sure I wasn't cutting off this end of the quilt any time soon!


Ta Da!!  The finished quilt!


And a closer view...


Here is Peaches


Ali holding Uki the day we brought her home.


Waqar


Ali the day he was born.  His very first picture ever!


Amal on the day Ali was born!


Me as a little girl in St. Louis


Uki


My Mom, my sister, and I dancing at the St. Louis Zoo.


Amal two years ago with my pose!


Wow.  This was picture heavy!  I really like my looped quilting; hand quilted barns and the fact that I opened up the windows.  I also like my whimsical flowers in the borders and my hand covered buttons.

Thanks for stopping by!




3 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

What a great idea for a peek-a-boo quilt! Clever! Looks like it is uki approved :-)

Unknown said...

Hi...Your post really got me thinking man..... an intelligent piece, I must say. Buy coffee beans

Anonymous said...

Fantastic work guys im a fan of your website.the green coffee bean dangers website