Sunday, September 18, 2011

I got an award!


I received this award from Izdiher.  Thank you!  With this award, I need to tell you all 7 things about myself.  Here goes...

1.  I love quilting, hardanger, and other crafts.  I like the process; the feeling that I am beautifying my home and MAKING it my home; giving comfort to my kids in quilts and making something from my heart to my hands for my friends.  I don't make and give a lot as it takes me such a long time to complete anything!

2.  I love cooking for those that appreciate it.  Having said that, today I made a Tuna Log and forgot to take a picture for the Farewell at Hardanger for Sylvie and Ali cooked dinner.  I like that too!  That someone else cooked and cleaned!

3.  I like crappy food.  Like what?  Like TV dinners that takes forever to chew; airplane food, popcorn at the cinema, cafeteria food (haven't seen this in the Middle East though).  My husband doesn't get it.  Even the kids don't!  I just tell them, 'look away and don't judge!!' hahahaha!

4.  I miss my Mom like crazy.

5.  I want to leave the Middle East sometimes.  I miss America.  I need to travel somewhere.

6.  I like to meet people and talk to them.  It is very hard to do that here.  I have been enjoying hooking up with my sewing friends again.  They feed a small part of my soul!

7.  I love working on the computer.  I am now officially setting up a blog for the Muscat Quilt Guild.  Approved yesterday, Saturday, September 18th.

I know that I only need 7 things but want to add one more...

8.  I have been losing weight.  Not enough.  But losing.  Wish me luck.  I need it.  To lose and your wishes!  Health people!!  Health!

Thanks for stopping by!  Love it!



10 comments:

Nima said...

good to read about you. i love the idea of blog for muscat quilt guild...can't wait to see it...

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

Hi Nima! Thank you. Yes, tell me, what things would you like to see on it? The blog?

Tamara Hampton said...

bad food is a memory thing for me. Spam... i know its gross but my mouth waters over a spam and cheese omelet. my dad used to make them on sunday mornings after church. Congratulations on losing weight. I have been losing some too slowly and even though no one else has really noticed that much, i can tell the difference!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award ! Well deserverd !

sandra said...

congratulations on the award, I read your blog and do enjoy it. Keep working on that weight because the older you get the harder it is to get off. Many blessings Sandra

Anne said...

Congratulations on your award. :)
I am with you, I love TV dinners, but rarely indulge! I don't fly, so I don't know airplane food. I love Kentucky Fried Chicken too, and most people hate it. Come to the US and specifically to Arizona, I'll introduce you to all kinds of crappy food. hehehehe

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

Tamara: I have never had Spam. I remember kids used to bring Spam sandwiches to school. I think they sell it here. I'll check the next time. Maybe I will buy a can and just watch it until it expires!!?? Congrats on your weight loss too. For some people, it is a life long struggle (moi!).

BSQ: Thank you! Thank you for stopping by and commenting too!

Sandra: Thank you also so much for stopping by and commenting! Thanks for the encouragement!

Anne: HAHAHAHAHAHA You made me laugh so hard! Great, great way to start the day! Thank you!! Hmmm....I have a cousin in AZ too!

Jean(ie) said...

Let me know about the guild blog once it's up. I'll follow. I love to cook. It's my way to show love...

I like junk food.

Chick Flick Journal said...

aww very cute facts you should go on vacation or something

Julia @ Blue-J Cottage said...

Congrats! What a sweet way to accept an award :). Love it!