Monday, August 15, 2011

Taco Soup

Busy day and the hubster did not like what I made for the kids.  Which was nothing so can't blame him???
So, quite late tonight, like around 9pm ish I started cooking.  I made this South Beach friendly Taco Soup.  I love it.  Ali really likes it and Amal is eh about it.  Oh, the hubby tolerates it.


Here is the recipe.  You should try it.  It is one of my quicker and easier recipes.



Onions and beef.  Together, no segregation.



Need a can of chopped tomatoes.



Brown the meat and onions and garlic.



Taste it man!



Add the chopped tomatoes and water.



Kidney beans.  I think it's cool to see the Arabic writing!  ??



Drain the beans.



1 packet of tomato paste.  About, gee I don't have a clue.



Ah, Old El Paso.  We get it here.  It means the 'old road' in Spanish. 1 packet.



Here I added the beans and seasoning and tomato puree.  I need to learn to make my own seasoning for Tacos.



Add plenty of Salt and Pepper to your liking.  I like more pepper.  These are the mills Amal brought me back from Italy.  Bless her heart!



Ok.  Once all mixed.  Let it cook.



Healthy version.  Just serve as is....



My version:  Add Cheddar cheese...



See it melt!  ooohhh....



Plenty of chips!  Not potato.  Corn.



Crumble them over the soup.  How much?  As much as you want.  They are YOUR legs you have to lift!



Dig in and think of me and send me kudos!

Taco Soup
from the internet but adapted to my own tastes

500 grams or 1 pound extra lean ground beef
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups water.  More if need be.
1 can diced tomatoes with juice
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 8oz can tomato sauce or 
1 packet tomato puree or both!
2 Tbsp. Taco seasoning or an envelope!
cheddar cheese
plain yogurt
Tostitos White Corn chips or Doritos

1.  Cook ground beef and onion in a medium saucepan until browned.  Add garlic.
2.  Mix in water, tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce and taco seasoning and salt and pepper.  Bring to a boil.
3.  Cover and reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
4.  Serve with or without cheese, yogurt, and chips.

It's that easy!

3 comments:

Chick Flick Journal said...

I'm sure it's full of flavor but maybe because of the way it looks:p

Jean(ie) said...

that looks yummy. It's cooler here in Ohio 60s-80s versus the usual 90s. I'm in a soup mood. Debating between chicken and vegetable beef soup.

Frankly, soup just sounds so good right now.

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

CFJ: I think I responded to you already regarding what you meant!?

Jean: Try this soup!