Friday, June 18, 2010

More yummies!

We had our last Book Club meeting last Tuesday for the season. We will resume after Eid in September. Pam hosted and I had asked my British friends at a previous meeting how to make a Lemon Meringue Pie as I have NEVER made one before! Pam was inspired and made it for us and what a treat! It was tart (I don't DO tart!) but oh so lovely! I guess the meringue compliments the sourness of the lemon perfectly! I had two pieces! Shhh....don't tell Amu (my daughter whom is down 26 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!).

I brought some homemade truffles that Amal and I were experimenting on for her last day of school. OH. MY. GOD... they are to die for! I had Pam prepare a plate for me and when I set them out I felt they were boring looking so she ran into her garden and plucked these Frangipani blooms! Beautiful!

I made them as a gesture for Pam's birthday and for mine which are both this month! Happy Happy!

This was my slice. I thought it looked so very pretty and am sharing with you all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YUMMO!and well done Amal!!!! You go girl!