Sunday, June 13, 2010

A little sewing done...

Today I did some data entry for my friend at the COD (Centre for Omani Dress). We ended up talking a lot! It was nice as we don't get to see or spend much time together as we are both very busy.

Here I stole my Ikea makeup box and used it to place my hexies. I ran out of room but am still busy making them so I had to find another box. I can't just go to Ikea as it is in Dubai and that is a trek. So, I did then next best thing...


I then looked around and found an empty box for DMC embroidery floss and am using that. I have been busy making these whenever time permits.

I've given myself a deadline to get my supplies for the hexies sorted out for the summer by Tuesday night as we leave the following Monday morning. I need to shop still and clean and sort out my studio as I will be locking it up for the summer. You know, all those details that need to be done before you take a trip! Then, tonight, I am meeting a few friends to have dinner. No sewing then!

America, here we come!....



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad it is all coming together. Alia will the a/c be on in your sewing room? If not and its all locked up can I suggest putting your machine in the coolest place in the house as they don't like the heat and humidity. A friend of mine also suggested something for the humidity and stored materials but for the life of me I can not remember what it is ... preggo brain sorry.

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

Thank you Isra. I was so very worried about the A/C leaking that I did not even consider the machines! I will do that. I thank you for this information! If you think of the tip for the fabric; I would also appreciate that! I have been having lots of problems with my unit leaking on my shelves. I don't understand why. Hubster says it is normal.