Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cyclone Phet 3


Ok. Just this and I am done with this topic! It is 8:22pm here (GMT+4).

I got this site and it shows a picture of Oman. I live inside the little square. As you can then see, the cyclone will not directly hit us but we will suffer high speed winds and heavy rains. This country is not built for rain. It hardly ever gets rain so that will be a huge problem for us. The roads will be a mess and therefore trucks will not be able to deliver goods. This sort of thing. I am just doing my research and trying to figure out how this works. I can't imagine the poor people in Masirah Island. You can just see it. Wow. Ok. I'm done. I still need to get gas cylinder's for cooking. We still need batteries for our flashlights. More water and perhaps some canned goods. Man oh man. I did not expect this for this weekend!

Oh, most importantly; I have everything on hand to cut out more hexies and to sew them together! Whew!

Thanks for your interest. Stay safe!

4 comments:

Oman Holidays said...

Masirah is being evacuated - Quriyat has got the Civil Defence in action and lots of cloud in Ruwi
amazing anniversary and also another 4 letter Cyclone

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Whew! Hope that all passes and that you all stay safe.

Blessings & Aloha!

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

Thanks for the info Oman Holidays! I'm gonna head on over to your blog and read up!

PSnS: Thanks again. I'm heading over to your blog as well!

Valentina said...

So what happened? I am biting my nails here for you!
Valentina (de Aruba) (now) in Cyprus.