Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I FINISHED ALI'S MYSTERY QUILT FROM SIX YEARS AGO! WOO HOO!!

I can't believe that I am finished! I worked hard all day sewing the never ending binding on today! I had to take breaks as I have an injury on my whole forearm and it flares when I do intense hand anything!

Off to the store I go to get lunch items for my babies! Was too busy trying to get this quilt done. I am really pleased with my choice of binding and my hand quilting that also hurt my arm!

It is in the washing machine right now and then it will be dried and then on Ali's body!

Stay tuned tomorrow for some pictures!!

Woohoo!!!

edited to add:

Here it is. Ali is thrilled!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Mayya @ Sew Chic and Unique said...

Alia its beautiful really love it!

How nice it must be for someone to make you a quilt, so much thought goes into making one and it is a beautiful gift and one that will last for many, many years.

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

Gosh I hope so! I think the kids have always seen me quilting that it is normal for them! I'm a lot more lax on them now too as the cats have the Soft Paws and can't hurt them like before.

I will take a close up or better shot of it as the fabrics are nice and my hand quilting is GOOD! I hardly do that anymore as it hurts me a lot!

Have a nice weekend!

Laila said...

Great job Alia, I bet it spurs you on to get more done!

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

Thanks Laila! It DOES! Amu thinks I have become a hermit! I spend most of my time in my studio and since I hurt my knee I have had it take it 'easier'. I've finished this quilt, the baby charity quit, what happened to your idea?, um, three pillows and now am working on another pillow. As I have been cleaning out my stuff, I have found more unfinished projects that just went in the bin!

Unknown said...

Alia I am an aspiring hermit i really want to just stay home and sew, it is such an inconvenience that the family needs to eat really ;-)
The quilt is fab, you really have been so productive so kudos to you for working through your injury and downtime.

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

Thank you Isra!!