Sunday, April 25, 2010

Carrot Cake!

I made this carrot cake for my Hardanger meeting at my house this morning. I made the cake last night and boy oh boy do my knees hurt! Yep, BOTH of them hurt! This is my friend Sandra Luckett's recipe and it is to die for!! Yummy! I used Physillis or Gooseberries to decorate. It is very simple but elegant.

Here is my small spread. We try not to make a feast at these gatherings and I truly believe that I have lost weight or part of my success at losing weight is not attending these food driven mornings!! Nonetheless, the purple bowl Ali painted and the pinkish one I painted. The purple bowl had the Mushroom Sour Cream dip and the pink bowl has the Greek Cucumber dip. When I made it last night; I tasted it and freaked as I thought I put W A Y too much garlic in but the ladies loved it! ?? Ok! The drink spread was on the other table and I forgot to snap that.

Here is the cake cut into. It is one of the best cakes that I have baked in terms of evenness of the layers. I did not have to cut any bits off, darn it! I gobble those up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh that looks sooooooo yummy!