Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Boo Quilt FINISHED in time for Halloween 2009!!

I was trying out the binding that I had made up and as usual, my math skills eluded me and I had to make more strips and join them for the binding. Not a big deal. I turned and found PEACHES!! on my quilt all out-stretched. Never saw Uki around this quilt. Perhaps the little pumpkins and ghosts scared her!! Within each black frame is a smaller purple one that is really nice but hard to see in my pics.

Here is my Boo Quilt that I started years ago and had come across a glitch. One of my big orange corners was wonky. It took a while for me to figure that one out. Fixed it. Then, it has been sitting and waiting patiently for me to put the binding on which I did yesterday and today! Woo Hoo!!

Here is the finished top. You can see little Ali's hands on the top holding it up for me so Momma could get a decent picture. It was fun fabric that I found in Dubai on Satwa Street. It was the best find for me and terribly exciting! The finished quilt measures: 36"x54". Very small.

This is the backing fabric that I bought in the States on a visit. I thought it was so darn cute! I tied the quilt, not happy...then I stippled the corners and sides and that was the very first time EVER that I stippled. I could see the top thread on the backing but decided it added to the design and got over it. It is fun.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Alia, you know I think this is my favourite quite yet!

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

Thanks!! It is so much fun. I forgot to mention that it is a Kaleidoscope pattern. Tricky to cut out and assemble but lots of fun! It is so very small so I wonder how it will be used in the end. Perhaps a wall hanging or table top.

julieanne said...

I love it - you are soo talented Alia. congrats.
You can always use the quilt for a baby cot !

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

Julieanne!! You responded! You are my biggest and first follower!! Thank you. I hope to see you sometime soon here in Muscat! See you on FB!!!